logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] nodes on boundary

From Carsten Schwede computerteddy at gmx.de on Thu Mar 25 10:30:55 GMT 2010

Hi,

Am 25.03.2010 10:42, schrieb garvan.maew at online.com.kh:

> Before splitting the nodes are like this

>    A-------------B

Right.

> After splitting the nodes are like this
> with a new node S inserted into A-B.
>
>    Tile1 #  Tile2
>          #
>          #       C
>          #       |
>    A-----S-------B
>          #       |
>          #       |
>          #       D

No there isnt a new node S after cutting.

After cutting the tiles look like this:

Tile 1

  A-------------B

Tile 2

The boundary node is now B. Its apperas in both tiles.

> The node S must appear in both tiles and be flagged as a boundary node
> in both for routing to work.

So I think it could be ok with B tagged as boundary node in both tiles.

> You are unlikely to need to use this tag unless you are splitting your
> maps using some external tool because - as I understand it - if you

I use a own tile splitter.

--
Viele Gruesse
Computerteddy