logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] setting display_name to "name "

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Sun Mar 21 23:39:57 GMT 2010

On 22.03.2010 00:19, Mark Burton wrote:
> Hi Clinton,
>

>>> Sure, what's the point in having multiple labels the same (apart from
>>> the shield code)?
>>>
>> I suppose "because Felix said so" isn't a good argument is it? ;-)
>>
> I think that I have twigged what the issue is - I think what Felix is
> possibly looking at this situation:
>
> name =<shield>carp
> ref = shark
> display_name = carp
>
> But with my patch the labels output are:
>
> <shield>carp
> shark
>
> And so "shark" will be used in the routing instructions when he wants
> "carp".

I have
name=somestreet
ref_from_relation=EV6

I want to have inside map:
name=EV6 somestreet

and in routing instructions too: EV6 somestreet. Without using
display_name in routing instructions I will only see /EV6/ instead of
/EV6 somestreet/.

Actually I would even prefer to have name for tooltip: EV6 Somestreet
Name for Routing instructions: EV6 Somestreet BlaBlub (BlaBlub added
later in style-file)
Name printed in map: EV6
(meaning only one tooltip not two or three for the same road, currently
every label gets its own tooltip).

It gets a bit more difficult for me, as I add refs from route relations.
It would be nice in future to be able to search for all of the following
in address index:
name
ref
ref_from_relation
ref name
ref_from_relation name
name Blablub (Blablub is added during processing the style-file to name)