logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] setting display_name to "name "

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Sun Mar 21 23:19:26 GMT 2010

Hi Clinton,

> > Sure, what's the point in having multiple labels the same (apart from
> > the shield code)?
>
> I suppose "because Felix said so" isn't a good argument is it? ;-)

I think that I have twigged what the issue is - I think what Felix is
possibly looking at this situation:

name = <shield>carp
ref = shark
display_name = carp

But with my patch the labels output are:

<shield>carp
shark

And so "shark" will be used in the routing instructions when he wants
"carp".

OK - if that's what the issue is, I am going to change the code to only
trash the ref if it's the only ref (and the same as the name sans
shields) but if there is multiple refs then none of them will get
trashed.

I will post a v6 patch tonight

Mark