logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] error compiling the map

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Thu Mar 18 09:44:34 GMT 2010

Hi Maning

On 18/03/10 08:38, maning sambale wrote:
> I got the error when I added, this in the polygon styles:
> amenity=fuel [0x08 resolution 18]

That rule looks too simple to fail!  And if I add it to the default
polygon style there is no problem.

I have been able to reproduce your exception with a rule like:

   amenity [0x08 resolution 18]

...which I can fix (its still an error of course but shouldn't give an
exception), but it may not be quite the same as your problem.  Is there
any change that the '=' is another unicode symbol that looks just the
same?  Otherwise it could be the previous or next rule that is
interacting with this one and causing the problem.

>> java.lang.NullPointerException
>>         at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.osmstyle.RuleFileReader.isIndexable(RuleFileReader.java:234)
>>         at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.osmstyle.RuleFileReader.isSolved(RuleFileReader.java:242)

..Steve