logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Address search icon behavior varies in some gps units

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Mar 17 04:54:17 GMT 2010

Hi Maning,

> Just an FYI to the great mkgmap devs. :)  This feedback came from
> someone using my OSM-PH garmin maps.
>
> In Garmin Nuvi 855 when you click the Address icon to search an
> address, the popup message "No map data found." will immediately
> appear. In other Garmin units like 205w and 265w you can enter the
> city, street and house number.

Would it work if you generated the map with mkgmap --index and transferred
it from MapSource to the device?  As far as I understand, this would create
a working MDR section in the gmapsupp.img.  It is not yet possible to generate
a "device MDR" directly from mkgmap.  Steve just wrote about this a couple of
days ago, asking for help.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/OSM_Map_On_Garmin/MDR_Subfile_Format
(Sorry, the search works on my Edge 705, I am not going to invest time in it.)

Best regards,

	Marko