logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap gets stuck on Kosovo - is related to "-c template.args"

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Tue Mar 16 20:55:40 GMT 2010

On 15.03.2010 00:30, Mark Burton wrote:

>> I do suppose there is some bigger bug, but can live with autofill=1....
>>
> Hey look, why should I spend my time trying to solve problems for people
> who can't even be bothered to say thanks for the effort?
>
> Felix, you are a heartless tyrant. Go to the end of the queue.

Sorry, for not saying thanks, but I do hope that you know that I highly
appreciate all of your (and other mkgmap Coders) work and hope that my
error reporting helps push mkgmap overall forward. I am simply far too
much used to simply only write about relevant stuff forgetting saying
thanks.

I exchanged set name with set asdf and the map compiled clean withing 28
seconds. So yes it's my setting of default names for unnamed streets
that is causing the error. I had my PC running 36 hours on Kosovo and it
did not finish, so I think something did overflow but the error may be
elsewhere. It's not very important to me anyhow (now that I know that I
can avoid it using autofill=1 - as before it was really really annoying
when running map updates to discover that it had stopped after few time,
and I had to block my desktop for some more hours/days to push the
updates through), I simply wanted to tell what's happening.