logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Why are all the un-named peaks called '6140565'?

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Mon Mar 15 11:40:19 GMT 2010

On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 11:29 PM, Mark Burton <markb at ordern.com> wrote:

> Hey, that's a really great bug, it causes anonymous peaks to be
> named in honour of a bus stop!

This may be caused by the "def" (default value) and "height" filters.
I believe the statement is attempting the following:

1. ${name|def:} use either the 'name' value, or as default '' (empty string).

2. ${ele|height:m=>ft|def:} Convert the elevation in meters to feet.
If no 'ele' value is present, use an empty string.

I have a feeling that the empty string part may be misinterpreted
right now. It could be that the last value found is instead used.

The relevant files are below, if you want to debug:

DefaultFilter.java - called for the 'def' filter.

HeightFilter.java - called for the 'height' filter (a subclass of
ConvertFilter.java)

ValueBuilder.java - instantiates the filter classes. This would be a
good place to start.

Cheers.