logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Finland with almost-working generate-sea

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Tue Mar 9 17:51:44 GMT 2010

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 3:47 PM, Marko Mäkelä <marko.makela at iki.fi> wrote:

> When I added
> --bb completeWays=yes left=19.1162109375 right=31.5966796875
> bottom=59.4140625 top=70.0927734375
> before the --wx in the chain, I had to interrupt it after letting it
> run several minutes.

You should disable date parsing (enableDateParsing=no); this
considerably speeds up Osmosis.

See further discussion here:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Osmosis/Examples

I regularly take the entire Geofabrik extract of Europe and extract a
bounding-box containing all of Germany. Performance is reasonable
(which means under an hour) and I have been getting good results with
the MP coastline handling. I don't know how this would work with
Finland though.

Cheers.