logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Multiple other menus in select category

From Daniela Duerbeck daniela.duerbeck at gmx.de on Tue Mar 9 00:56:20 GMT 2010

Gert Münzel wrote:

> e.g for shopping it is:
>
> 0x2E01    Department Store
> 0x2E02    Grocery
> 0x2E03    General Merchandiser
> 0x2E04    Shopping Center
> 0x2E05    Pharmacy
> 0x2E06    Convenience
> 0x2E07    Apparel
> 0x2E08    House and Garden
> 0x2E09    Home Furnishing
> 0x2E0a    Special Retail
> 0x2E0b    Computer/Software
>
> Types like 0x2e1f creates one "other" entry in the categories submenu.
> The replacement text "sporting goods" from the type-file will only be
> shown for seconds in the status bar if you press enter for opening the
> POI.
>
> I have to mention, that i only have a 60csx to look at it so it may be
> different on other gps like oregon etc.
That is the same behaviour as in my Etrex Legend HCx.
But I can sort the shops this way.
In the fírst "other" list all shops are summarized, that do not belong to a later category. So it is not that bad. As I said earlier, one has just to keep in mind which number one has given to a new category.

Viele Grüße von Dani