logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Finland with almost-working generate-sea

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Mon Mar 8 09:04:54 GMT 2010

08.03.2010 09.06.40, Marko Mäkelä wrote:
> 08.03.2010 00.43.17, Clinton Gladstone wrote:
>> I can confirm the same for a map of Germany. With 1597, everything
>> was (for perhaps the first time) perfect. With 1598, all coastline
>> tiles are flooded.
>
> Same here: I got a completely flooded Finland when trying out
> generate-sea yesterday. I dismissed it as a possible bug in the map
> data, and converted more lakes to multipolygons. I will retry with
> r1597 today.

With r1597, I got a bearable generate-sea map of Finland today,
available from http://www.polkupyoraily.net/osm/

There is some flooding in the east border, as expected. I would like to
fix it by patching finland.osm.bz2 from Geofabrik as follows:

Omit or include the following islands outside Finland:

way/4581437
way/4581716
way/4581666
way/22877669 (Suursaari)

Omit or include the following island in Tornio/Torneå, on the Swedish
side of the border:

way/4610765
way/4610766

continue to the tile border:
way/4581495 (node/28954684)

include:
way/13959031 (an island west of Pori)
way/4611822 (Leppikari, Tornio)

Any ideas how to achieve this easily? I am sure this can be done with
Osmosis, but I would prefer a light solution. Could splitter read and
merge multiple *.osm files, merging node and way ids?

By the way, the natural=coastline for Finland is now 100 megabytes in
*.osm format. I have converted many more natural=coastline polygons to
lake multipolygons.

	Marko