logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] How to change a style file

From Johann Gail johann.gail at gmx.de on Sun Mar 7 12:26:36 GMT 2010

> I think perhaps we could ask at osm to get a small area (e.g. in the
> atlantic or pacific ocean or something like that), that is a
> "playground" to test tags and icons.In the meantime I eg tagged some
> very important shops in a Shopping Centre nearby. It is all correct, but
> I used it to test my icons. ;-)
> But perhaps the shop owners are grateful to get new customers. :-)))

Please don't import wrong data in the official online osm database.
If everyone of the hundreds of thousands of osm mappers inroduces some
tags for 'only for testing', the database would become unusable in
shortest time.

As others have written before me, you can download a region of interest
and modify the osm file locally.

Regards,
Johann