logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Buildings without POIs cannot be found

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sun Mar 7 07:16:13 GMT 2010

07.03.2010 02.37.06, Daniela Duerbeck wrote:
> Marko Mäkelä wrote:
> > What if you explicitly define the POIs on the map?
> There are two problems: First: There are already many buildings
> worldwide tagged. And, more important: "We do not tag for a special
> renderer" was what I learned in another ML. So the renderer has to
> make the map from the osm data. :-(

Tagging building entrances would not be "tagging for a special
renderer", except in areas where the location of the entrance is
obvious (such as densely built cities where there is no space between
the buildings).

It sounds like --add-pois-to-areas is close to what you need. Or
perhaps there could be some extension in the polygons file that would
instruct mkgmap to generate POIs for matching polygons, as someone
suggested. That would allow you to control which POIs to introduce.

	Marko