logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Buildings without POIs cannot be found

From Torsten Leistikow de_muur at gmx.de on Wed Mar 3 16:06:07 GMT 2010

Daniela Duerbeck schrieb am 03.03.2010 01:05:
> What if you add a list where one can add explicitely which POIs should
> be generated (supermarket, shop, restaurant, etc.)?

I would like to have some action commands for the lines and polygons style
files, where you could specify, that an extra point with the same tags as the
way should be created:

create_centre_point - for creating a point in the middle of all points of the
way. With such a rule you could selectivly generate additional POIs for areas.

create_start_point - for creating a point at the position of the first point of
the ways. With such a rule you could add POIs at the beginning of an inlcine,
speed limit or what ever.

create_end_point - for creating a point at the position of the last point of the
ways. With such a rule you could add POIs at the end of an inlcine, speed limit
or what ever.

If someone is capable of implementing such an extension, I would be very
greatful. This is the top item on my mkgmap wish-list, after the improved style
handling, the generation of sea polygons and the multipolygon support were added
lately.

Gruss
Torsten