logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Buildings without POIs cannot be found

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Mar 3 09:07:09 GMT 2010

Hi Martin,

> Why would someone want to tag an extra supermarket right at the
> antrance and tag it as supermarket and entrance?

Because contemporary GPS receivers do not work well indoors, it would
seem to make sense to have navigation instructions to the main entrance
of the building. You will likely have to go through the entrance anyway.

For big buildings in fenced areas, there might be an alley that is very
close to the building but behind the fence. In such cases, I could
consider placing the POI on the gate, so that a correct route will be
generated for foot and bicycle navigation. A better alternative would
be to define some highway=service from the gate to the building.

Best regards,

	Marko