logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Etrex sea floods tile unless well zoomed out

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Mon Mar 1 21:15:02 GMT 2010

Felix,

> Just another thought. Are you using single color or pattern for land?
> Try using a pattern for land (set both colors the same, or for maptk set
> just one pixel to a different color).
>
> Using single color instead of pattern, does definitely sometimes lead to
> problems. Garmin modern tpyfiles use patterns for all polys.

OK - noted.

You will be pleased to know that I have taken your advice and started
looking at using MapTk to generate the typ file.

I can generate a file but, weirdly, mapsource is ignoring my polyline
styles. The couple of POIs I have and the polygons appear to be working
OK, it's just the polylines it is ignoring. The file isn't huge so I
have attached it to this email, please take a quick look at the
polylines in case there is something obvious I am doing wrong.

BTW - I can edit those polyline styles in MapTk and they look just as
they should.

Mark