logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] multipolygons: how to flag role=inner role=outer in Style file?

From Minko ligfietser at online.nl on Sat Feb 27 19:22:49 GMT 2010

Thanks Marko,

The tag natural=water is not assigned to the relation (only type=multipolygon)
so this is not working.

Is it possible to write a condition for role=outer & natural=water
{ apply role=inner { set natural=land
} } ??

Here another example of that kind of relation:
http://maps.google.de/maps?f=q&hl=de&geocode=&q=http://betaplace.emaitie.de/webapps.relation-analyzer/downloadServlet/kml/1525&ie=UTF8

The red way (island) is flooded in my map (and other osm maps as well).

What I noticed is that on other maps (radfahrer, openmtb) which were made with previous versions of mkgmap
those islands were not flooded, but now they are. So it was somehow possible, but how?

Regards,
Minko

Marko Mäkelä wrote:

Something like this (not tested) in the relations file of your style
should do the trick:

type=multipolygon & natural=water { apply role=inner { set natural=land
} }

This will assign natural=land to each inner member of multipolygon
relations.

As far as I understand, it is not possible to write other conditions
for the apply than role. And you cannot match role by regular
expression. In this case, you cannot add a condition that you only want
to set natural=land for those inner members that had natural=water.

I do not know when the custom multipolygon processing kicks in. It
could be that the style rules are executed after that, and it is too
late to adjust anything with style rules.

Best regards,

        Marko