logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Garmin colour palette

From Daniela Duerbeck daniela.duerbeck at gmx.de on Fri Feb 26 00:18:04 GMT 2010

Hi!

I am not sure whether this is the correct ML for this posting, but I
think it is not completely wrong.
I saw that the colour palette used in the online Typ file editor has too
few and some wrong colours, almost for my Garmin Etrex Legend HCx.

So I extracted the colour palette of a Garmin waypoint icon and built a
webpage that shows the correct colours (at least for my L:egend, I don't
know whether it is the same for other Garmins with 265 colours, but I
think so):
http://www.deltadelta.de/garmin_colours/

You can also download all the pages for offline use:
http://www.deltadelta.de/garmin_colours/garmin_colours.zip

When you click on one colour you get a page completely coloured in this
colour with the hex representation for better cutting and pasting it
into the editor.
And also because a colour can better be judged when a big area is
coloured. (A wall painted looks always different from the small sample
in the shop ...)

Perhaps someone will find it useful.

Dani