logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Turn restrictions with validity times

From Johann Gail johann.gail at gmx.de on Mon Feb 15 14:26:57 GMT 2010

> Hello Johann,
>

>> It has a definition for time. I expect here the validity times for this
>> restrictions. This would mean, that the garmin img format can handle this.
>>

> Sure it can - Garmin turn restrictions can be a lot more complicated
> than we know how to encode.
>
> If you want to learn more about turn restriction encoding, take a look
> at the source for gpsmapedit.
>
> Mark

Thats interesting.
I thought always gpsmapedit relays on cGPSmapper to parse the garmin img
format. I personally dont use this tool, (no windows available) so I
dont know it.

Also I'm astonished, that there is source code available. Reading the
license site it says:

      2.2 Reverse Engineering.

You may not modify, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble (except to
the extent applicable laws specifically prohibit such restrictions) or
create derivative works based on the Software, or any portion thereof.

But on the other hand:

      2.8 Source Code.

You may evaluate the Source Code freely while the right to use and
modify the Source Code for development of own products is granted only if
(a) the registration fee for the Software is paid;
(b) it is prohibited to remove original copyright notes in the source files;
(c) you may use Source Code in own programs, provided that the copyright
notes of the programs should include the reference to the Author
(portions "Konstantin Galichsky, kg at geopainting.com") and to the
Software Web page ("http://www.geopainting.com").