logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] {Spam?} multipolygon with outer polygon within inner polygons

From Minko ligfietser at orange.nl on Fri Feb 12 10:24:17 GMT 2010

Hi,
I'm trying to build a map of The Netherlands and
got some problems with rendering the
administrative borders correctly. Some
parts  were related to broken relations between
tiles, but the major one was caused by a complex
relation of enclaves/exclaves of Baarle in the south of the country.

I examined this area more closely and narrowed
the problem down to this situation, where I cant
render the map correctly with mkgmap:

A = one big outer ring (the Dutch municipality of Baarle-Nassau),
B1, B2 = some islands inside (Belgium territory, role=inner)
C= Within some of those islands there are polygons (Dutch,  role=outer)

It goes wrong with those outer polygons within the inner polygons.

Simplification looks like this,  where the two
vertical border lines are not supposed to be there:
http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/1002/bordersnl5.jpg

The relation can be found at
http://betaplace.emaitie.de/webapps.rel
 onId=47798

There are no gaps or faults within the relation as far as I can see.
I put this question and a few examples of my map also on the forum
at http://forum.openstreetmap.org/viewtopic.php?pid=59370

Thanks,
Minko