logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Re : --generate-sea for Australia?

From Chris Miller chris.miller at kbcfp.com on Sun Feb 7 17:20:58 GMT 2010

MB> I did submit a request for the splitter to support a bounding box
MB> option that would bound the outer edge of the tiles (rounded
MB> appropriately) but Chris didn't seem keen about that. Personally, I
MB> think it would be useful.

Well it wasn't so much that I wasn't keen, just that at the time I wasn't
sure why you wanted it and was too lazy to implement it at the time :)  There's
actually another reason - there's a bug I accidentally introduced to the
splitter a while back which is related. Since I added support for the bounding
box tag, the splitter doesn't work correctly if there are multiple osm files
given as input because only points inside the first file's bounding box are
considered for splitting. Once I fix that it should be easy to add support
for a --bound parameter (or you could simulate the same thing by supplying
an additional osm file that only contains a <bounds/> tag).

Currently I'm working on adding support for nested relations, including relations
that are forward referenced. I thought it wasn't going to be too difficult
but it's proving a bit trickier than I thought. Once that's done I'll look
at fixing the above plus keeping whole multipolygon relations.

Chris