logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Bridleway=Fussweg?

From Dave F. davefox at madasafish.com on Sat Feb 6 13:01:43 GMT 2010

Felix Hartmann wrote:
> On 06.02.2010 00:29, Dave F. wrote:
>
>> Carlos Dávila wrote:

>>> You can define the name of each element in your TYP file.
>>>

>> Can you?
>> I thought the Typ file was just for adding different colour lines&
>> areas etc.
>> Aren't the entities labels taken from the OSM data tags?
>>

> As long as "name" exists in OSM. If not it is taken from typfile or some
> standard definition. So for a bridleway, it will mostly be taken from
> the typfile, as very few bridleways have actual names.

Thanks for your replies.

I now understand, but I'm a little disappointed. I was under the
impression that a line or polygon in the TYP file could be used to
represent multiple entities in the OSM data, but as the 'type of entity'
name comes from that file, I have to create separate lines/polygons for
each different one. A bit labourious.

Cheers
Dave F.