logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Boundary names, relations and left:*, right:* tags

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Sat Feb 6 12:06:22 GMT 2010

Hi Toby,

On Sat, Feb 06, 2010 at 11:58:23AM +0000, Toby Speight wrote:
> Marko> What do you think?  Should I remove the rules for left:*, right:*
> Marko> names from the default style, or should I just add a comment to
> Marko> the effect that "these are deprecated, see the 'relations' file
> Marko> and wiki/Relation:boundary"?
>
> The boundary relations weren't in (common) use at the time I wrote that
> rule; do we have a way to get the relation values onto the lines?  If
> so, then great.  As to whether to deprecate the above, or just remove
> it, I have no strong opinions.
>
> Thanks for chasing this up - and I though /I/ was a long way behind with
> reading this list!

I had to tweak a few things in mkgmap to get it to work correctly, but now
the default style does apply the names from the relations.  Very well,
I will remove the left:*, right:* that I added to the default style shortly
before learning that they are deprecated.

	Marko