logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1555: Ignore multipolygons with fewer than 2 resolved elements.

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Thu Feb 4 20:35:24 GMT 2010

On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 08:50:49PM +0100, WanMil wrote:
> I have doubts if that's a good idea.
> If multipolygons are splitted by splitter it is possible that some
> polygons are dropped because they are not inside the tile bounds.
> This makes it possible that the outer ring survives only.
>
> The definition of the multipolygon says that the tags from the
> multipolygon are used for the outer polygons ("Tags describing the
> multipolygon (e.g. landuse=forest) should go on the relation. The outer
> way(s) should be left untagged, unless they describe something in their
> own right."). If these multipolygons are dropped the tag information of
> the multipolygon is lost.
>
> I propose to revert this commit unless there are hard reasons for it.

There is no hard reason for the change.  It was just a workaround for
splitter problems at tile boundaries.  I reverted it in r1560.

How would you find my other patch, which discards ways that are missing
some points and have no points in the bounding box?  What about multipolygons
that contain no resolvable polygons?  Could they be dropped safely?

I am looking forward to the splitter fixes.  In the past few days,
I have been correcting multipolygon and coastline errors in Finland,
and I hope to be able to enable --generate-sea=multipolygon soon.

	Marko