logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1540: Change the signature of resolveType so that continue

From Torsten Leistikow de_muur at gmx.de on Sun Jan 31 20:30:52 GMT 2010

Steve Ratcliffe schrieb am 30.01.2010 16:13:
> No it was just a mistake, I meant it is as if with_actions is always
> given - I find the terminology very confusing!  I would prefer that
> continue not change the normal effect of the actions and there be a
> without_actions (or no_carry_forward or no_propagate which would be more
> descriptive of what happens) command that prevented the carry forward.

I would approve such a change. In my opinion the "with_actions" is the more
usual/natural case and so it should be the default.

I think, the command for the other case should still include "actions", so that
it is clear, what is not propagated. Or perhaps a wording without a negation,
e.g. "actions_only_here".

When I have the following lines in my style file

key1=value1 {set first_action=true}
key1=value1 {set second_action=true} [0x01 resolution 20 no_propagate continue]
first_action=true & second_action!=true [0x02 resolution 20]

I would assume, that two lines will be created. I.e. the actions of the first
rule are propagated, and the actions of the second rule are only applied
locally. Do you agree?

Gruss
Torsten