logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Missing cities in mapsource search entry field

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Thu Jan 28 14:57:24 GMT 2010

Hi Steve,

> > For example, if I type 'm' it shows a list of names and the first entry
> > is 'Mod Abbey Wood' and the next entry is 'Mabe' which can't be right
> > if they are meant to be in alphabetic order. If you then type 'o' it
> > shows a list of names with the 'mo' prefix but, interestingly 'mod
> > abbey wood' isn't among them. So that's weird. If you type 'a'
> > after the 'm', it goes bong and you don't get any names. It's as if the
> > 'mod abbey wood' is in the wrong position in the list?
>
> I don't get any of this wierdness and I just tried again after the
> recent check-in-fest.
>
> Thats the sort of thing that happens however if your index files are not
> generated from the exact same .img files in the map, like your
> first Baltic map you posted.

Yes, at some point in the Baltic map work, I turned off index
generation and so it was using a previous index. Fair enough, but with
the UK map I am sure the index is being generated from the right files.

This is the command line:

java -Xmx2000m -Dlog.config=/home/markb/OSM/logging.properties -ea -jar /home/markb/OSM/mkgmap.jar --adjust-turn-headings --country-abbr=GBR --country-name=GBR --code-page=1250 --check-roundabouts --check-roundabout-flares --description=A fine map --draw-priority=28 --family-id=909 --family-name=Burto Maps --gmapsupp --generate-sea=polygons,no-sea-sectors,close-gaps=2000 --ignore-maxspeeds --index --latin1 --link-pois-to-ways --make-all-cycleways --max-jobs=1 --nsis --product-id=6324 --region-abbr=UK --remove-bogus-nodes --report-dead-ends=2 --region-name=UK --route --remove-short-arcs --series-name=OSM map --style-file=/home/markb/OSM/mkgmap-burto-style --tdbfile -c template.args /home/markb/OSM/M000038d.TYP

and template.args is:

mapname: 63240001
input-file: 63240001.osm.gz

mapname: 63240002
input-file: 63240002.osm.gz

mapname: 63240003
input-file: 63240003.osm.gz

mapname: 63240004
input-file: 63240004.osm.gz

mapname: 63240005
input-file: 63240005.osm.gz

mapname: 63240006
input-file: 63240006.osm.gz

mapname: 63240007
input-file: 63240007.osm.gz

mapname: 63240008
input-file: 63240008.osm.gz

mapname: 63240009
input-file: 63240009.osm.gz

mapname: 63240010
input-file: 63240010.osm.gz

mapname: 63240011
input-file: 63240011.osm.gz

mapname: 63240012
input-file: 63240012.osm.gz

mapname: 63240013
input-file: 63240013.osm.gz

mapname: 63240014
input-file: 63240014.osm.gz

mapname: 63240015
input-file: 63240015.osm.gz

mapname: 63240016
input-file: 63240016.osm.gz

mapname: 63240017
input-file: 63240017.osm.gz

mapname: 63240018
input-file: 63240018.osm.gz

mapname: 63240019
input-file: 63240019.osm.gz

mapname: 63240020
input-file: 63240020.osm.gz

mapname: 63240021
input-file: 63240021.osm.gz

mapname: 63240022
input-file: 63240022.osm.gz

mapname: 63240023
input-file: 63240023.osm.gz

mapname: 63240024
input-file: 63240024.osm.gz

mapname: 63240025
input-file: 63240025.osm.gz

mapname: 63240026
input-file: 63240026.osm.gz

mapname: 63240027
input-file: 63240027.osm.gz

mapname: 63240028
input-file: 63240028.osm.gz

Its generating the .img files and the index all in one run - is that OK?

Cheers,

Mark