logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] --add-pois-to-areas behaviour

From Christoph Wagner freemaps.osm at googlemail.com on Thu Jan 28 12:48:26 GMT 2010

Hi list,

I found an issue with the --add-pois-to-areas option and don't know if it's a bug or a feature.

Areas get only converted to points, if there is a matching rule in the points-style file AND if there is a matching rule in the polygons file.
I don't understand the second condition.

Imagine I want to show buildings only as a single point and no area. So it would be very useful to get building polygons converted to a point without specifiing it in polygons file.

The dirty hack at the moment is to specify a rule in polygons and make the whole area transparent with a typfile, just to get a point created. But this is really stupid, because the polygon exist and the mousepointer could not show what is under this area.
Can somebody help me?

Christoph