logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Missing cities in mapsource search entry field

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Thu Jan 28 12:27:30 GMT 2010

Hi Steve,

I don't really use the search facility in mapsource much so I can't say
if it's always been like this (since the MDX stuff arrived) or whether
it's due to the latest changes but I notice that when searching for
cities in the UK map (no funky accents in the names to confuse the
issue) that great swathes of names are not recognised in the name entry
box (mapsource just goes 'bong' and ignores your input) even though the
names are in the map.

For example, if I type 'm' it shows a list of names and the first entry
is 'Mod Abbey Wood' and the next entry is 'Mabe' which can't be right
if they are meant to be in alphabetic order. If you then type 'o' it
shows a list of names with the 'mo' prefix but, interestingly 'mod
abbey wood' isn't among them. So that's weird. If you type 'a'
after the 'm', it goes bong and you don't get any names. It's as if the
'mod abbey wood' is in the wrong position in the list?

If I type 'ba' and then find, it pops up a "mapsource app error dialog".

Mark