logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1519: Transliteration merge.

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Wed Jan 27 16:38:40 GMT 2010

I still have big problems with the search index when using --latin.

a) With --latin I cannot find any city starting with the following
letters on "find city": V,W,X,Y,Z
Those cities do show up when searching with "find address" - but then
mostly no address will be found...
b) Also still impossible to find any address with german Umlaut inside
the name on find address (same is true for French Accents and so on...).
I think for the indexes no non ASCI letters are allowed, or better there
has to be an equivalent version that is strict ASCI. In Garmin MPC maps
when entering for example Mödling, it will get converted to Modling as
you type. So same result for Modling/Mödling. Once the address is found,
it is shown as Mödling however (so only for the index where one enters
letters they have to be converted to offer a strict ASCI version).

Until a proper solution is found, maybe indexes should allways be
written as --asci, and latin1 or other codepages only used for map display.