logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] [mkgmap-svn] Commit: r1497: Merge the mp branch to trunk.

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Tue Jan 19 01:07:16 GMT 2010

Hi Felix

Some comments on the items in your list that I am planning to look at
or have comments on:

> 1. Address Search only working in Mapsource (or inside active tile on
> "old generation" GPS)

Is a Legend Cx old generation?  On mine I can find addresses in
different tiles, but not always, some addresses work and some don't.

Unfortunately this is blocked as I have no idea what the problem is.

> 2. Overview map empty and a bit incorrect

I will probably start working on that soon.

> In my opinion less important/major things to get right:
> # transliterations (there seems to be some good work according to the
> osm forum mkgmap section)

I will send a message tommorow about the translit branch.  It will not
be as good as the work on the forum, but probably better than question
marks, at least in some countries.

I'd like to integrate the work by the forum's greencaps if that is
possible, but no code is available yet and I therefore have no idea
what is involved.

..Steve