logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Splitter resolution and mapsource mouseover behaviour

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Sat Jan 16 13:18:39 GMT 2010

Hi Chris,

> Here's the start of the thread that led to the addition of the --resolution
> parameter:
>
> http://www.mkgmap.org.uk/pipermail/mkgmap-dev/2009q3/003295.html
>
> But basically yes you're right, --resolution forces the tiles to be rounded
> to particular boundaries. If you manually adjust the boundaries, you still
> need to make sure they're aligned/rounded correctly.

OK, thanks for that.

Now, another small issue I have when making the Baltic map is that one
inner tile (one that does not reach the edge of the world) gets
truncated because the bit that is removed does not contain any map
objects. This is unfortunate because it makes a rectangle of land
appear in the sea. Is it possible to have an option to turn off the
"shrink wrap" function of the splitter, i.e. to stop it shrinking tiles
and let them keep the size they were originally given (by kml or by the
splitter itself).

Cheers,

Mark