logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] SOLVED: Multiple .img files in one gmapsupp.img: Some will not show up

From Simon Eugster livin.shadow at gmail.com on Thu Jan 14 02:17:00 GMT 2010

Good ... uh, morning.

As it seems, I've now solved the problem.

Which was that I did not change the *Map ID* for each map. The Map ID is
also known as Map Name in mkgmap (-n option). It seems that the Map ID has
to be unique. See here about how to change it:
http://svn.parabola.me.uk/display/trunk/src/test/display/TreCalc.java
The Map ID is an 8 digit number. Anything from 1 to 99999999.

The Map ID seems to be connected with the name of the files stored in the
.img file (TRE, LBL, SUB, ...). These names can easily be replaced by just
binary search/replace; They are listed from byte 0x600 on in steps of 0x200
until one reaches a line of zeroes. I'm changing these too.

The *Family ID* does not seem to matter that much. I at first used a
different family ID for each map, then one ID for each country. No difference.
The Family ID is a 32bit unsigned integer from 0 to 65535. (Choosing a
higher value than 65535 will just cause it to overflow in mkgmap and
restart from 0.)

That's about what I know. Not sure whether everything is correct. But anyway.

I've attached the sources of my python script again. See also:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Mkgmap/help/scripts

Thanks a lot for your help.
Simon

Further reading: http://sourceforge.net/projects/garmin-img/