logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Splitter details question

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Wed Jan 13 23:00:36 GMT 2010

Hi WanMil,

> What do you mean with "at import of osm files"? The Osm5XmlHandler does
> not clip things, does it?

Osm5XmlHandler does a "soft clip" - what I mean by that is it adds
nodes to ways where they intersect the tile's boundaries. This is only
for lines, not areas. By adding those boundary nodes there, it can
avoid generating short routing arcs when the ways are really (hard)
clipped later in StyledConverter.

To be honest, the boundary between Osm5XmlHandler and StyledConverter
has become rather blurred over time (mostly my fault) and it really
could do with refactoring. Still, it works tolerably well so it's not
too high on the list of stuff to rewrite!

Cheers,

Mark