logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Splitter details question

From WanMil wmgcnfg at web.de on Tue Jan 12 20:35:11 GMT 2010

> I realise this isn't perfect - nodes and ways that fall completely outside
> the tile are included when they don't need to be, and nodes that fall outside
> the overlap are excluded when we may not want them to be. There are also
> problems with ways that cross a tile without actually having any nodes contained
> within the tile (even including the overlap). I'm not sure how much of a
> problem these are in practice.
>
> Any suggestions you have for improvements would be welcome.
>
> Chris

Chris,

ok, I understand.
For me it's no problem if points that fall outside the bounding box are
included in the tile. They can be easily filtered.

I have the following requirements:
1st and most important: All nodes that fall inside the bounding box
should reliably be contained in the tile. In my previous mail I
mentioned two nodes where this wasn't the case.
2nd: Ways should be included if they intersect the bounding box.
For me it would be perfect if ways are included with all nodes. But it
is also ok if all inner nodes and for all parts of the way the first
node out of the bounding box is included. This enables me (and others)
to calculate the intersection point with the bounding box.
3rd: The relation handling is ok. Include them if one or more nodes/ways
are contained in the tile.

WanMil