logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Suggestion - Make Douglas Peucker Algorithm more Configurable

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Fri Jan 8 20:23:52 GMT 2010

That patch works pretty nice. I upped the value to 40 and that gave nice
results when zoomed far out.
Here is the settings that I would find optimal
resolution 24 == 4 (I think 4 is anyhow the minimum because if less than
4 pixels than it ain't an area)
resolution 23 == 6 ( resolution 23 is not used by all GPS devices if
resolution 24 and 22 are present)
resolution 22 == 6
resolution 21 == 20
resolution 20 == 40
resolution 19 == 80
resolution >18 == 120

The only problem of course appears when large areas are splitted up into
tiny polygons, but I think this is not really solvable without the very
difficult work of merging.