logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] mkgmap:carpool=1

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Sun Jan 3 18:34:51 GMT 2010

Hello Felix,

> This setting was once really useful.....
>
> Now it is hardcoded into mkgmap to set all transport types except bus
> and emergency to no. Could this please be reversed!!!!

Actually, no. That's because the "carpoolness" of a way is specified by
having all of the access bits except for CARPOOL, EMERGENCY (and,
optionally, BUS) disabled. That's how it becomes a carpool way. The
fact that, say, BICYCLE access is disabled for a carpool way will not
stop a bicycle routing over that way unless the GPS/mapsource is told
to avoid carpool lanes. That's how it works.

> If people want to use it for not allowing those types of transport, it
> would be much better to be able to set them individually! (and yes I
> know bus/emergency will be disrespected when carpool attribute is set).
> There is no sense in blocking this, if all GPS have a checkbox to block
> carpool lanes anyhow!

You cannot disable access for specific vehicle types (e.g. TAXI) if the
way is a carpool.

Mark