logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Help from the style file gurus

From Charlie Ferrero charlie at cferrero.net on Sun Jan 3 10:20:20 GMT 2010

Felix Hartmann wrote:

> On 02.01.2010 15:44, Charlie Ferrero wrote:
>> Bump...has no-one else managed to solve how to represent one-way bridges?
>>
>> Charlie Ferrero wrote:
>>
>>> Hello list,
>>>
>>> Question #1
>>> ===========
>>> I am using the overlays style file in combination with a TYP file to
>>> define custom styles for one-way streets (overlaid blue arrows in the
>>> direction of the one-way, type 0x10), and for bridges (two parallel
>>> lines outside the road, type 0x12).  This all works fine.  Where I'm
>>> stuck is when I have a one-way street that is also a bridge.  I had
>>> assumed that the stop/continue system would help me here, but sadly it
>>> doesn't work as I expected.
>>>
>>> The following are my style rules  for trunk roads:
>>>
>>> #lines file excerpt:
>>> highway=trunk&  (bridge=yes | bridge=true) [0x111 resolution 16 continue]
>>> highway=trunk&  oneway!=* [0x02 resolution 16 stop]
>>> highway=trunk&  (oneway=yes | oneway=true) [0x123 resolution 16 stop]
>>>
>>> #overlays file excerpt:
>>> 0x111: 0x02, 0x12
>>> 0x123: 0x02, 0x10
>>>

> This code is rubbish (or 10x more complicated then needed).
>
> Use instead:
>
> highway=trunk&  (bridge=yes | bridge=true) [0x12 resolution 16 continue]
> highway=trunk&  (oneway=yes | oneway=true) [0x10 resolution 16 continue]
> highway=trunk  [0x02 resolution 16]

Thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately it doesn't work properly (see
screenshots) but it has helped me figure out what's going wrong: even
though the continue keyword is there, the rule matching seems to stop at
the first match.

I am using mkgmap r1455 - is there some command switch that I've missed
that I must use to get continue to work properly?

--

Charlie