logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Mapsource installer

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Sat Jan 2 15:45:54 GMT 2010

Hi Steve,

Thanks for the quick response.

> 2. Run mkgmap with the --nsis option. This will give you a .nsi file
> (by default osmmap.nsi).  This is just a text file that you can adjust
> if need be.

OK - I notice that it misses out the TYP file and indexing files. It
would be good if it included them (please could you add them into the
script).

> 3. Run makensis osmmap.nsi this should create a windows installer for
> mapsource.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work on my Ubuntu system as it's missing
some part of makensis. So I installed the windows version and that runs
OK and produces an installer.

> Check that it works on Vista/Windows7 as I'm not sure if .nsi file has
> the line to request installation privs.

Someone will have to do that for me as I don't have access to those
systems.

Cheers,

Mark