logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1449: Provide an alternative to using a multipolygon when generating the sea.

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Thu Dec 31 18:12:40 GMT 2009

Felix,

> Okay, so manual coastlines are probably still needed except for very
> large extracts or islands.

Don't know what you mean by "manual coastlines" - the whole map is
"manual", isn't it?

> BTW it would be better to have mkgmap=land or similar, instead of
> natural=land because natural=land does exist and is used. I would prefer
> to have a different color for real natural=land vs mkgmap land background.

Well, according to the wiki (I know, who gives a flying fuck about the
wiki) it says about natural=land: "Land that exists within another
area, such as a lake. (i.e an island)." Spot on, I'd say. No one in
their right mind would think that natural=land wasn't appropriate
for island and other land masses. So I prefer to keep the default as
natural=land. I like it. But just for you Felix, I have put in an
option so you can specify the tag to use. Be creative.

Mark