logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1449: Provide an alternative to using a multipolygon when generating the sea.

From Felix Hartmann extremecarver at googlemail.com on Thu Dec 31 16:01:06 GMT 2009

On 31.12.2009 15:43, Mark Burton wrote:
> Felix,
>

>>> PS - try no-sea-sectors - e.g. --generate-sea=polygons,no-sea-sectors
>>>

>> Well if I use that option then I get the whole tile flooded.
>>
> As I said before: "If you don't clip the coast, expect toast!"
>

>> The good thing is, the --generate-sea option only adds about 7-8% of
>> generation time. So it is not so slow anymore.
>>
> Yes, that's a nice side effect of using this method of sea generation.

Okay, so manual coastlines are probably still needed except for very
large extracts or islands.

BTW it would be better to have mkgmap=land or similar, instead of
natural=land because natural=land does exist and is used. I would prefer
to have a different color for real natural=land vs mkgmap land background.