logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Commit: r1449: Provide an alternative to using a multipolygon when generating the sea.

From Mark Burton markb at ordern.com on Thu Dec 31 14:26:06 GMT 2009

Hi Felix,

> It worked in 12/13 tiles. See below the broken tile where no 0x10f1d
> polygon for the sea (as defined in polygons file) got created at all,
> furthermore 1 island is flooded (in the center of the tile). I used grey
> as backround color so one can easily spot mistakes.

From my meagre understanding of how the sea poly generation works, I
think you will always have issues if the coastline doesn't reach the
tile boundary (for non-islands).

Your example shows the coastline stopping short of the tile
boundary, so it's not going to work. I can't see how the sea poly
generation code can work around this - it's not psychic.

Cheers,

Mark