logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] POIs for building entrances (was: Libraries)

From Marko Mäkelä marko.makela at iki.fi on Wed Dec 30 07:31:09 GMT 2009

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 04:30:18PM -0500, Nakor wrote:
> Some libraries in my area are mapped as buildings (areas) and do not
> show up in the search.

Have you considered adding POIs for them at or near the building entrance?

Some could say that my tagging style is excessive:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:amenity%3Dembassy
In that example, the name:* tags could be renamed to official_name:*
and a shorter set of name:* tags could be introduced, e.g.,
name=Russian Embassy.  Some boundary relations for countries define
both name:* and official_name:*.

	Marko