logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Understanding the sea

From Nop ekkehart at gmx.de on Tue Dec 29 12:55:38 GMT 2009

Hi!

Am 28.12.2009 23:22, schrieb Clinton Gladstone:
> I suppose it would still be possible to generate the sea polygons from another (public domain) source and distribute the sea layer separately from the OSM layer, but that's a hassle both for the person generating the map, and users of the map.

Unfortunately, it seems that this approach is currently still
state-of-the art. When I was looking for sea polygons for my map, I was
unable to find any satisfactory mechanism for producing them
automatically. I was given some manually created sea polygons for the
German coasts by chris66 and I have created some for the mediterranean
sea from the coast shapefiles used by mapnik.

bye
	Nop