logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] Multipolygons and disappearing coastlines

From Apollinaris Schoell aschoell at gmail.com on Sun Dec 27 15:06:03 GMT 2009

> 2. The PolygonSplitter destroys the polygons created by the current
> multipolygon code. Up to now I do not fully understand if thats a
> problem or not. But I would feel better if someone could replace the
> usage of the java.awt.Area class with some code that does not remove the
> mulitpolygon connections between outer and inner rings.

yes this is a problem. polygons across multiple tiles are broken. It's not possible to close a polygon by a reliable algorithm. instead splitter should keep all members of a polygon and mkgmap can clip at tile boundary.
Have no Java knowledge but can provide a small example to demonstrate it.