logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] SEVERE (PolishMapDataSource): error decoding label

From Igor Brejc igor.brejc at gmail.com on Thu Dec 24 18:51:59 GMT 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to generate Garmin maps files from Polish maps generated by
GroundTruth. I get the following exception (using the latest version of
mkgmap):

SEVERE (PolishMapDataSource): error decoding label
java.nio.charset.UnmappableCharacterException: Input length = 1
         at java.nio.charset.CoderResult.throwException(Unknown Source)
         at java.nio.charset.CharsetDecoder.decode(Unknown Source)
         at
uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.reader.polish.PolishMapDataSource.recode(PolishMapDataSource.java:535)
         at
uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.reader.polish.PolishMapDataSource.isCommonValue(PolishMapDataSource.java:442)
         at
uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.reader.polish.PolishMapDataSource.processLine(PolishMapDataSource.java:287)
         at
uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.reader.polish.PolishMapDataSource.load(PolishMapDataSource.java:127)
         at
uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.main.MapMaker.loadFromFile(MapMaker.java:148)
         at uk.me.parabola.mkgmap.main.MapMaker.makeMap(MapMaker.java:56)
[...]

The same MP file works in cgpsmapper without problems. It's quite large
(47 MB) so I'm not able to detect which label is the culprit for the
exception.

Is there any way to see which line of the MP file causes the problem?

Thanks,
Igor