logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] House numbers supported?

From Hendrik Oesterlin hendrikmail2002 at yahoo.de on Thu Dec 24 11:14:43 GMT 2009

"Clinton Gladstone" clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com wrote on 21/12/2009 at 09:38:57 +1100
subject "[mkgmap-dev] House numbers supported?" :

> As a workaround for the missing house numbers in the index, you can
> get some house numbers to be displayed on the map, if you add the
> numbers to the names of items in the points and polygons style files.

> I have the following at the bottom of my polygons file:

>  addr:housenumber=* & name=* {name '${name} (${addr:housenumber})'}
>  addr:housenumber=* & addr:housename=* {name '${addr:housename} ${addr:housenumber}'}
>  addr:housename=* & name!=* {name '${addr:housename}'}
>  addr:housenumber=* {name '${addr:housenumber}'}

> This will append the house number (or name) in parenthesis to the
> name of the polygon, if it has one. If the polygon has no name, the
> house number is used as the name. The effect is much like the house
> numbers which appear in the Slippy Map.

Thank you very much for this good workaround! It performs very good
for polygons, but for individual points I was not able to make it
work.

Do you have the appropriate code to put in the points file in order to
show in the same way as for the polygons the house number in the name?

> I have attached a screen shot of a section of Hamburg which shows
> how this looks. Note that the two POIs (Hotel Hafentor and
> Gustaf-Adolf-Kyrkan) have house numbers because they were generated
> from polygons with the --add-pois-to-areas option; I have no address lines in the points file.

This looks good and should be quite convenient to use.

> Going back to the index topic, if you want to see a good example of
> a map that has house number information, take a look at the New Zealand Open GPS map:

>   http://nzopengps.org/

> Their map does not use OSM data and uses cGPSmapper, so it is of
> little relevance to this project, but it does give a good idea of
> how a map with proper street number indexing should function.

I already saw this mapping project. It seems to be very complete.
Unfortunately, the data of the nzopengps.org maps is not symphonized
with the OSM base.

Merry Christmas to all of you!

--
Sincerely