logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] naming map layers in a gmapsupp.img

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Tue Dec 22 19:12:06 GMT 2009

On Dec 22, 2009, at 18:13, Carlos Dávila wrote:
>> AFAIK you can put all this settings in the same args, in the section of
>> each layer. This is what I have in an args file I'm testing:
>> family-id=30
>> product-id=314
>> family-name=OSM España
>> series-name=OSM-Iberia-n
>> draw-priority=25
>> family-id=31
>> product-id=320
>> family-name=OSM Costa Iberia
>> series-name=OSM-Iberia-costa
>> draw-priority=28
>> generate-sea
>> transparent
I think you may have the draw priorities and the --transparent option reversed.

When I produced a similar map, I set the draw priority of the sea layer to 10, but not transparent. The land layer had the default draw priority, but was transparent. That way the sea polygons appear underneath the land layer: I would assume that this explains the weirdness which you see on the Nuvi. In your screenshot it looked like the Nuvi was drawing the sea polygons on top of the land.

Cheers.