logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] problem seeing OSM maps on nuvi 255w

From Ben Konrath ben at bagu.org on Tue Dec 22 16:40:57 GMT 2009

Hi Clinton,

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 11:20 AM, Clinton Gladstone
<clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 22, 2009, at 17:08, Ben Konrath wrote:
>
>> I added '--draw-priority=30' to all three commands and the resulting
>> map is visible but the roads appear behind the roads from the Garmin
>> North American maps even though they are turned off. I *could* just
>> plug the GPS unit into my computer and delete the Garmin basemaps and
>> North American maps but I thought I'd ask here first before I do that.
>
> I have had various maps on my Nuvi (including several layers of Ontario), but have never needed to delete the basemap, etc. I would suggest that this is not a good option. ;-)

Have you even seen a conflict between the included maps (not the
basemaps) and the OSM maps? Do you have a North American (Canada and
US) Nuvi?

> Do the img files which you generate for Ontario and Quebec have exclusive names, or do they do they have overlapping names? If some of the img files are identically named (even though they are in separate directories), this could be the source of some problems.

Yeah, the img files have different names - so that's not the problem.
Thanks for the suggestion though :-).

Ben