logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] naming map layers in a gmapsupp.img

From Charlie Ferrero charlie at cferrero.net on Tue Dec 22 14:38:01 GMT 2009

Clinton Gladstone wrote:
> On Dec 22, 2009, at 12:41, Charlie Ferrero wrote:
>
>> So I've solved the problem of getting the familysets properly visible in
>> the secondary map menu, but now individual tiles all share the same
>> family name, no matter which family they were originally in.
>
> I'm pretty sure that to get correct names for the individual tiles, you have to provide names for each of them. You can do this by using the -c option and providing a .args file which lists the names of each tile. (Do this instead of using *.img on the command line.)
>
> I do pretty much the same thing as you do, except I use MapSource or the Map Install on the Mac to do the final combine and transfer. (Which is also needed if the --index option is used.)
>
> Cheers.
Bear in mind that before this merge step, I've already built the various
tiles .img files and set the description, area-name, family-name
correctly (and verified this by making a gmapsupp.img for each layer
individually).  So it seems unnecessary to have to do it again at the
point of merging the layers into one final file.

But anyhow, if I were to follow your suggestion I would need to supply
multiple .args files - one for each layer.  But if I try the following
it doesn't work (I end up with a single layer, the last one on the
command line):

java -jar mkgmap.jar --gmapsupp
  -c contours.args contours.TYP
  -c base.args base.TYP
  -c routing.args

I need multiple .args files to control things like:
draw-priority
transparent
family-name etc

for each layer.