logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] naming map layers in a gmapsupp.img

From Steve Ratcliffe steve at parabola.me.uk on Tue Dec 22 13:53:37 GMT 2009

 > Option 1.  (Worst option/broken)
 > Combine prebuilt gmapsupp.img files into a new, final gmapsupp.img file.

Although this could be made to work properly I'm sure that it
doesn't at present - not for what you are trying to do anyway.

I had been ignoring the MPS file and thought it wasn't much use
(since gmapsupp.img will work without one) but for getting family
name and id correct it is essential.  Now that I realise I can
make it work.

 > Option 2. (Steve's method)
[...]
 > [description], rout_area, Dec 2009  **Aaargh!!**

As Clinton says, you probably need to set a discription for
each tile.

..Steve