logo separator

[mkgmap-dev] variable substitution in relation members

From Clinton Gladstone clinton.gladstone at googlemail.com on Mon Dec 21 11:08:26 GMT 2009

On Dec 21, 2009, at 9:52, Marko Mäkelä wrote:

> In the next few days, I plan to implement special syntax for
> variable substitution, because it will allow shorter style rules to be
> written.  See an example of the syntax at the bottom of my original message
> below.

Thanks. I have not had time to look into this, but I also noticed that a lot of boundaries within Germany cannot get appropriate descriptions due to this problem.

Will logical comparisons also work with the variable substitution? That is, something like the following:

name != $(name:en) { ... }

This would make it easier to avoid redundant information in names. (Such as, in the example above, adding the English name only if it is not equal to the name.) Earlier, i submitted a patch which introduced a not-equal filter which did this for me, but the patch was never committed: it would be great if there was a standard solution for this.

Cheers.